What are some of the ways in which you can give your home a makeover and have it looking like new again in no time and without any great expense of time and money? I’m about to share with you eight ideas to get you started. Some of them require little effort, while some others need a day or two to complete and perhaps the help of a professional. That’s not to say that you can’t do everything you see on the list. In fact, this may be a great time to practice and upgrade your skill set.
1. Upgrade your staircase to a glass railing: Glass railings give your house a more modernised, cleaner look. They let light seep through into the whole room that would be otherwise blocked off by wooden or metal railings. What’s more, they are easy to install bathroom tiles at Gold Coast with two basic parts; glass panels and glass clamps.
2. Pull up your carpet and install wooden floorboards: Carpets feel great under bare feet, especially on cold winter mornings. However, they love to attract dust and can quickly look worn and tired. A healthier and easier to clean option, which also looks very stylish, are wooden floorboards. With advances in design, they are quick and easy to lay as well as cheap to buy.
3. Attach new cupboard doors in your kitchen: Instead of installing an entirely new kitchen, why not look for new cupboard doors. They have the same effect as a new kitchen but without having to pack and unpack all your belongings inside them.
4. Retile your bathroom: Years of dirt and grime can build up in a bathroom, most significantly in the grout between tiles, which is a hard to clean area. Plus with new designs being created for bathroom floor tiles all the time, your bathroom tiles can look old and outdated.
5. Donate old furniture and unwanted clothes to charity: Getting rid of your old stuff is not only a great way to make space in your house; it has also been reported as being very therapeutic.
6. Go shopping for new artwork: Remember that painting you bought years ago and has been hanging on your bedroom wall ever since? Well, it’s time to go shopping for something new. If it’s a family portrait then everyone must look a little bit different now. Get everyone together for a new portrait.
7. Put in a new deck: For those houses with a deck, you could build a brand new one with a different type of wood and even add a cool new railing. Why not continue the theme of your staircase indoors with glass? For this, you may need the help of a professional to complete the modern glass balustrading.
8. Slap on a fresh lick of paint: Feature walls are all the rage nowadays. Paint three walls a light colour and put your own personality into the fourth with a grand feature wall.